Data Crunch (https://datacrunch.training) is seeking someone who is both technical and can work with clients. Your role will be split into three components: data engineering, data analysis and visualization, and working with clients.
Data Crunch focuses on helping businesses transform their data into meaningful insights that drives measurable financial improvements for them. We help fill the analytics skills gap via training or “done-for-you” consulting projects. We run one of the largest AI podcasts in the world averaging between 5000 – 10000 downloads per episode. Our clients come from a variety of industries from medical & pharmaceutical, financial, manufacturing, retail & eCommerce, marketing, and more. Your work will primarily include data wrangling, pipelining, automation, and analysis with a continuing move into AI and machine learning. Tableau or PowerBI development will be a strong component of your job.
- Data wrangling, data pipelining, data modeling, automation of data processing
- Using Tableau Prep or another tool called Ikigai (training will be provided on these)
- Working with REST APIs to assemble data, SQL to pull or insert data, using Pandas library in Python to clean and transform data, automating data transformation process in AWS, writing web scrapers
- Data analysis and visualization
- Tableau or Power BI (training will be provided to turn you into a world-class Tableau developer)
- Tableau Server
- Machine learning or predictive analytics
- We don’t do much of this yet, but our plan is to move into this. So, some stats knowledge or model development work is great, if you have it. Training will be provided if not.
- Communicate verbally and written to internal team and clients
- Excellent English skills are a must
- Create, manage, and execute plans according to client timelines (some project mgmt. training will be provided)
- Manage and communicate client expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Assist in developing detailed requirements for scoping of projects
- Reviewing code, Dashboards, and data to ensure quality work and valid data
Great things about our company:
- This job is 100% remote.
- Hours are flexible. As long as you get your work done and are available for meetings, we don’t care when you are online.
- You’ll receive world-class training to help you in your job, as well as ongoing mentorship.
- You’ll be part of a fun, collaborative team.
- You’ll work on a variety of projects and be exposed to a lot of different areas of our company and other companies, giving you an excellent foundation for anything else you want to do in your career.
- Benefits options are available.
Some drawbacks of our company:
- You will start as a subcontractor with the opportunity to become an employee within your first 1-4 months.
- As a subcontractor, you are required to withhold money from what you get paid for taxes, but we can help you navigate that if needed.
- Because we’re remote, we don’t do things that other tech startups do, like cater lunches or have foosball tables.
- Strong coding knowledge (Python preferred)
- Strong in SQL and Database Architecture
- Experience with automation in the cloud (AWS Lambda and EC2 or Microsoft/Google equivalent)
- Experience with Tableau or PowerBI
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Please apply below