MORE THAN JUST A COURSE
Power BI Intermediate
This Intermediate Power BI course is designed to give current and prospective Power BI users a distinguished and versatile skillset that will open up a higher caliber of reporting to them and their stakeholders. Users will gain exposure to challenging projects where they will be tasked with integrating new problem-solving techniques and skillsets with the foundation built in the Beginner’s Power BI course.
This course will spur on skills-growth by being both challenging and very hands-on. Users can expect to have plenty of fun as each new skill brings gratification, confidence, and new ideas to run with in their roles. This course will arm users and whole teams with techniques and processes that will draw out more actionable insights from their reporting and drive increased user engagement in shared production reporting.
- Practice existing report building skills to achieve a mastery of the basics
- Learn how and when to edit visual interactions according to your report page’s needs
- Develop techniques for highlighting the valuable signals amidst the noise of your data
- Learn how to write ordered analytics functions using DAX
- Practice leveraging existing measures within other column and measure DAX expressions.
- Learn how to pass measure filters through visuals
- Create a report page that can take on entirely new values according to user input
- Identify the practical applications of Power BI’s switch function and use it in reporting
- Write time window lag measures that shift perspective of the data according to user design
- Learn how to create dynamic change reporting for KPIs
- Perfect a data model, report, and dashboard according to acceptance criteria
- Be equipped with difficult-to-acquire, versatile, and effective problem-solving techniques that can serve you in all projects
- Total Office Revisited: Level Set and Cleanup
- Visual Formatting
- Advanced Query Editor
- Total Office Revisited: Row Level Security
- Exploring new features
- Total Office Revisited: What-If Simulation
- Dynamic Hypotheticals Using What-If Parameters
- Integrating New Data into Existing Model
- Total Office Revisited: Finding the Signal Through the Noise
- Highlighting Important Information About Your KPI’s
- Advanced DAX Measures and Columns
- Filtering Visuals and Measures Using Existing Measures
- Visual Capabilities Exploration
- Total Office Revisited: KPI Switches and Window Lags
- Switch Measures
- Window Lag Measures
- Integrating Island Tables with Switch Measures
- KPI Pulse Reporting
- Visual Interactions
- Combining Different Measure Techniques
- User Focused Reporting
- Five Star: Capstone Gauntlet
- Demonstration Of Learned Skills and Techniques Using a New Dataset in Challenging Final Project
- Building Against the Clock to Demonstrate Mastery of Basic Skills and An Understanding of New Skills
- Students should have completed the Beginner’s Power BI Course, or have confidence in their developed skills in building reports and dashboards using Power BI
- Power BI should be installed prior to class so that students are able to quickly get into the tool. Students should also have access to access to Power BI services.
- Students will need 2 screens – one for viewing the instructor or slides, and one for following along on their own machine – and a mouse.
have any questions or concerns?
Start Today With A Free Quote
As you are reading this, the world of data analytics is evolving. Make sure your team is up to date with our practical, insights-focused data analytics training. Start now with a free, no-obligation quote.